Monday, August 3, 2009

The Fantastic Mr Fox.



Initially when I heard about the film adaptation, I was actually quite excited. Now though, I harbour mixed feelings. On its own merits it looks like a reasonably good film. However I am a Roald Dahl freakazoid and as is so often the case with film adaptations of his work, this film seems to be lacking that Roald Dahl essence - you know, that quirky subtle humour. This just seems very americanised; not only with the accents of the voices (which really bugs me) but also with the kinds of jokes and one liners it sports - which are NOT in the book. I must admit that I usually hate most film adaptations of books so perhaps I am biased. But I really think that producers and directors have a responsibility to the books existing audience to accurately represent it. I HATE that the Harry Potter films skip sooooooooooooooooooo much of the plot (not to mention that a lot of the child acting is god awful) and it really irritates me here that things have been added in that weren't in the book - most probably at the expense of events that actually do occur in ze book. Anywho, rant over. feel free to let me know what you think. I love to talk about Roald Dahl!! enjoy. xx

No comments: